Energy management must be considered as an important step in
reducing and optimizing your energy consumption, thus ensuring
control of your costs. In large businesses, where this financial
cost is important, managing their energy requirements becomes
a full time process which is generally done by one of their employees
that is specialized in the energy field.
This energy manager is involved in every facet of the operations
that can have an improving effect on their energy demand . His
objective aims at continually improving the company’s energy
knowledge in order to exercise an ultimate control of their energy
Your business situation
- Without being a large business, your total energy costs represent
nonetheless an important part of your expenses;
- You believe that something must be done but you just do not
have the time to implement such a process;
- Your primary business activities make it difficult for you
to hire or integrate a qualified energy management employee
to undertake or monitor this type of activity.
You can benefit from Regroupement LAFAR’s knowledge and
experience which will bring you, in a profitable manner, the support
required in order to set-up an energy management structure and
in fact, if you so desire, can get involved in the realization
of such a plan and ensure periodic follow-up thereafter.
The following elements will be addressed:
- the rising costs of energy;
- technological evolution and the increasing choice of more
- distributors’ wide range of rates and various billing
- all of the financial incentives, that are available in today’s
markets, for the realization of energy efficient projects.
Experience clearly indicates, that savings which are generated
by the realization and continued follow-up of an energy management
plan, adequately justifies the costs and the investments incurred.
Your plan :
A winning formula favours the integration of Regroupement LAFAR
within your organization in order to work closely with your personnel
and realize with them the energy management process you wish to
Thanks to such a plan you can:
- improve your installations and reduce your yearly energy
- ensure that all energy bills correspond to the actual consumption
and that the most advantageous rates are applied.
The information, advice and recommendation will be provided on
the following items:
- the condition of your equipment and installations;
- the review of your operations and evaluation of their efficiency;
- the possibility of resorting, in a profitable manner, to
the installation of more performing technologies;
- the evolution of your energy consumptions, the analysis compared
to other similar businesses and a review of the energy rates
- the implementation of corrective measures which will reduce
your energy costs;
- the identification of commercial programs, as well as, financial
assistance programs that are available to you.
The results generally allow us to rapidly target the necessary
actions which will generate important energy savings. Based on
the above, an energy management plan is prepared identifying the
modifications required, the financial return on investment and
a revised energy cost budget projection.
Following a project start-up, the required follow-up actions
will be identified thus assuring the installations will perform
according to the projected savings, that the new operating procedures
are respected and that any disparity between the actual billing
and the projected figures will be corrected immediately.